Sunday, 25 February 2007

Back in Auckland

Arrived in Auckland on saturday. I've booked a hostel in Mount Eden, a suburb of Auckland. When I arrived I was greeted by the host, a young asian woman who asked 'ho are you?'. I replied 'Fine, thanks. And you?'. Her reply: 'Good! And ho are you?'. That confused me a little so I just said 'Grand'. She gave me a very strange look which made the situation even more awkward and she said 'Do you have a booking? I don't have anybody called `Grand` on my list!'

Went to my room which I shared with 3 others and noticed a weird guy sleeping in bed. It was about 1pm. He woke up and introduced himself as Mike, apologised and continued his sleep. Met him again in the evening, where he said 'I think I remember you. Did I meet you yesterday?', and introduced himself again. Weird. When I went to bed at around 12 he did as well, but instead of undressing just jumped on his bed and fell asleep. Met him again in the morning where he introduced himself again. I was checking my emails when he asked if I believe in god. And he remarked that god is jesus. Hopefully he left before I had to answer the question or got involved in any bigger discussions. Tonight there seem to be some nicer people in the room, thank god!

Tomorrow I'm going up north, now with a rented car.

---

Bin am Samstag in Auckland angekommen. Im Hostel hat mich eine junge Asiatin am Empfang begruesst und gefragt 'Ho are you?'. Meine Antwort: 'Fine, thanks. And you?', worauf sie meinte: 'Good. And ho are you?'. Was mich total verwirrt hatte. Daher habe ich nochmal geantwortet, diesmal einfach nur mit 'Grand.' (was auch soviel wie 'gut' bedeutet). Nun guckte sie mich ganz merkwuerdig an und sagte: 'Do you have a booking? I don't have anybody called `Grand` on my list!'. (Die merkwuerdige Situation hat sich aber zum Glueck wieder geklaert ;) )

In meinem Zimmer, das ich mit 3 anderen teilte lag ein merkwuerdiger Typ im Bett und war am schlafen. Als ich reinkam wachte er auf und stellte sich vor als 'Mike', hat sich entschuldigt und wieder weitergeschlafen (es war 13 Uhr). Abends habe ich ihn wieder im Zimmer getroffen, da hat er sich wieder vorgestellt und sich gewundert ob er mich schon irgendwo gestern gesehen hat. Am naechsten Morgen in der Kueche hat er sich dann wieder vorgestellt und sich wieder gewundert, ob er mich schon mal gesehen hat... sehr merkwuerdig... Und um noch eins drauf zu geben, fragte er, ob ich an Gott glaube. Und Jesus ist auch Gott. (es war etwa 7.30 Uhr morgens). Zum Glueck ist der Kerl verschwundern bevor ich eine grosse Diskussion mitmachen musste. Und heute abend scheinen auch nettere und vor allen Dingen normale Leute im Zimmer zu sein. Glueck gehabt :)

Morgen gehts Richtung Norden rauf, nun mit einem Mietwagen!

1 comment:

Hugo said...

I see your enjoying yourself and making good friends, this post made me laugh!

I think your reply to his question would have been, what came first the chicken or the egg? and then made a hasty retreat ;)
Keep up the blogging enjoy reading it and love the pictures!